A total of 42 matches will be played throughout the group stage of tournament. Top four teams from each pool will qualify for quarter-finals.
The event kicks off on Valentine’s Day – February 14 – 2015 when New Zealand play Sri Lanka in what is sure to be an emotional occasion in the earthquake-ravaged city of Christchurch. Australia opens its Pool A campaign on the same day in Melbourne against England.
Pool A Pool B
|Scotland||United Arab Emirates|
Knockout stage :- While the dates and venues are fixed, which match-up they host is subject to change to accommodate the host countries should they qualify.
The event kicks off on Valentine’s Day – February 14 – 2015 when New Zealand play Sri Lanka in what is sure to be an emotional occasion in the earthquake-ravaged city of Christchurch.
– 49 matches over 44 days at 14 venues, seven in Australia and seven in New Zealand. Each venue will host three pool matches.
– Australian venues: MCG, SCG, Gabba, Adelaide Oval, WACA, Bellerive, Manuka Oval
– New Zealand venues: Eden Park, Wellington Regional Stadium, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hamilton, Napier, Nelson
– Quarter-final venues: Adelaide, SCG, MCG, Wellington; Semi-final venues: SCG, Eden Park; Final venue: MCG
– POOL 1 – England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand, Qualifiers 2 & 3
– POOL 2 – South Africa, India, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Qualifier 4
– Each team plays six pool matches. Top four in each pool go through to quarter-finals.