Axar Patel, also spelled as Akshar Patel was born on 20 January 1994 in Nadiad, Gujrat, India. is an Indian cricketer. He plays as an all-rounder for the Gujarat cricket team.
He is a left-hand batsman and slow left-arm orthodox bowler. He was signed up by the IPL franchise Mumbai Indians in 2013 and then by Kings XI Punjab in 2014. He made his ODI debut on 15 June 2014 against Bangladesh.
Akshar was selected when Indian sent a second-string side to Bangladesh in 2014, but he returned without much success. He was one of the consistent performers for Gujarat in the 2013/14 Ranji Trophy.
Personal Life – Akshar patel was born on 20 January 1994 in Nadiad, Gujrat, India. When Akshar Patel age was 18 he started his cricket career.
Akshar Patel father name is Rajesh Patel and his family background is that of a typical Hindu Guajarati. He belongs to a typical middle class family. Axar’s family resides in Nadiad, Gujarat. He has an elder brother named Sanship Patel.
He studies engineering in Dharmsinh Desai University. He is often considered as the best left arm spinners of India and won the BCCI Under-19 cricketer of the year award in the year 2014.
Career – When Akshar Patel age was 18 he started his cricket career. Patel took 6 for 55 in Delhi’s first innings. This was his first five-wicket haul in his first-class career in only his second match.
- Patel played just one first-class game in his debut season for Gujarat, but had a more successful showing in 2013.
- He scored 206 runs for the Kings XI Punjab in 2015 in addition to taking wickets.
- On 1 May 2016, during a match against the Gujarat Lions, he took four wickets in five balls.
- He made his debut in Ranji Trophy in the year 2012 against Madhya Pradesh. His performance was excellent with an incredible average of 44.55 runs in 8 matches scoring a total of 401 runs.
- Patel made his List A debut in the year 2012 in the match played between Gujarat Vs Maharashtra.
- His performance was fairly average in this debut series. Akshar made his T20 debut in the year 2013.
- The match was played between Gujarat Vs Maharashtra in Ahmadabad. Akshar has even backed few awards for his extra ordinary performance.
One Day International
First Class Cricket
(List A Cricket)
|5 wickets in innings||0||2||1||0|
|10 wickets in match||0||0||n/a||n/a|
- BCCI Under-19 cricketer of the Year 2014.
- Emerging Player of the Tournament in IPL 7
Age and Height – 20 January 1994 and Height 6 Feet. (1.82 m)
Born – 20 January 1994
Nadiad, Gujarat, India
- Rajesh Patel (Father)
- Pritiben Patel (Mother)
Siblings – Sanship patel ( Brothers)